Friends, I have received an overwhelming number of email about the blog. My friends from Kolkata sent me a long list of requests, including many bengali numbers, which I'd definitely do in course of time. Thanks for all your inspiration, encouragement and help. Special Thanks goes to Leena Gore, for giving me that gala introduction on her blog page. Thanks Leena!

Here is the farmaaish of my friend Soumitra Sarkar, from Canberra, Australia (by the way, if you haven't visited Soumitra's blog, you don't know what you are missing....check it out at http://soumitrasongs.blogspot.com/):

Chanda O' Chanda
Movie: Lakhon Mein Ek (1971)
Music: R. D. Burman
Lyrics: Anand Bakshi
(Original) Singer: Kishore Kumar
(Click here to play Chanda O' Chanda)

3 comments:

Soumitra said...

Asimda,
I had heard this song only a few times b4 i heard your version and fell in love with it..i still remember i was humming it for days after listening to your version...it sounds excellent in your voice.
Thanx for posting it.
Soumitra

Harshan said...

Great singing enjoyed it !! one of my
all time favourites. Here in cincinnati we have started a blog please check it out cincivoice.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Asimda,

Just loved it in your serene voice. Ved enjoyed it too. thanks so much for thought.

best regards,
shashi

My Songs:

Mere Mehboob Qayamat Hogi
Movie: Mr. X in Bombay (1964)
Music: Laxmikant Pyarelal
Lyrics: Anand Bakshi
(Original) Singer: Kishore Kumar
Sunayna
Movie: Sunayna (1979)
Music: Ravindra Jain
Lyrics: Ravindra Jain
(Original) Singer: KJ Yesudas